Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Boss

Have you ever heard your child sounding just like you? I couldn't stop laughing this morning as I was putting on my makeup. Walt and Emmie were in the den doing puzzles while I was getting ready. This is what I heard Walt telling Emmie:
"No, No, No, Emmie! You have to clean up the dinosaur puzzle before we can get another one out. Come on, let's clean up, clean up, everybody clean up. Emmie, what did I tell you, you have to clean up first. Emmie, you're not listening." It was said in a nice tone and sounding exactly like what I had just told Walt. I do think he was enjoying his moment of being the big brother and bossing her around for the first time. This may have been more funny hearing it than it is to read it, but it was so cute and hilarious when it happened that I had to share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you take the time to write down and share these moments. You obviously have the foresight to realize how quickly memories fade.