Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Too Funny!

While pregnant with Walt I had this vision of our own personal comedian. Oh wow, he is here every day. I love it! The funniest things come from Walt's mouth as he is taking the things I say litterally. Here are some samples:


  • Leaving the house for school one day I said, "let's hit the road Jack!" Walt says, "oh are we being Jack and Jill today mommy?"
  • I say, "Sorry Charlie". Walt says, "I'm not Charlie, I'm Walter!"
  • One afternoon Walt was eating raisin bread for a snack and decided to eat it sitting on the edge of my bathtub. He says, "this is a perfect place!"

  • I am teaching Walt to ask to be excused from the table after eating. So one night he was done and I asked him what the magic words were. Walt responds, "Miska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse." The look was like duh mom. If you don't know, I was looking for may I be excused please.
  • Over the last few months we were letting Rutledge's dog King outside around noon. Just about every day Walt would say, "Oh no, we forgot to rescue the King Boogie!" Usually he thought this because he fell asleep in the car while I let King out.
  • On our way to Columbia to see Nanna and Papa Walt said, " Hurry Mommy, we've got to rescue Nanna and Papa!" From what Walt? "Work, we have to have fun!"
  • One morning I told Walt that I had to go pee pee. Walt says, "Hurry mommy, hold it, hold it...ok push it down mommy (no clue there is nothing to push down!)...Good job mommy, You did it!"
  • The night we got the new car this was the conversation Walt and I had: M:"Hey Walt, Mr. Jonathan is bringing us our new 'big truck' tonight, he'll be here in 2 hours." W:"We have to hurry and go to bed so he'll come and bring the 'big truck'!" (He thought Mr. Jonathan was like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.)
  • Boyd and Walt were washing the cars one day and Walt asked Boyd to spray him with the hose. Boyd did and a few minutes later Walt goes, "Daddy, I'm wet." Boyd says, "Oh no, like you had an accident?" Walt says, "No, like you just sprayed me with the hose!" DUH, daddy!
  • During teacher appreciation week at Walt's school we wrote each teacher a note of thanks. I wanted to incorporate something that Walt does with each of his teachers into his notes. So I asked him what he does with Ms. Jann and he put his fingers to his lips and said, Shhh! I asked for something else.
  • After naps one day, Walt had on just his underwear and started playing with his tool set. He stuck his drill down his underwear and announced he was Handy Manny.
There is no shortage of Emmie humor the days either. Emmie is the chalk bandit. We have a chalk board in the kitchen that is great for drawing on, however, Emmie, the artist, thinks the walls, furniture, or anything that stands still is a far better medium for her artwork. She is hilarious when you catch her. She either runs away dying laughing and clutching the chalk, or if she is coloring the wall next to the chalk board, she turns back to the chalk board and starts beating the it like she was always writing on it and she has no clue how the green wall became white.


And, we have quite the collection of redneck gardening photos of Walt and Emmie. They love to check the plants with Daddy after dinner, which means they are typically naked or close to.

1 comment:

Alle said...

Those comments are hilarious! What adorable children Paige! You have such a sweet family. I teach kindergarten and kids just say the most random but funny stuff all of the time! They also have a tendency to divulge information that should not be told :)!